Author Topic: My Ranger Build Up  (Read 18125 times)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
Re: My Ranger Build Up
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »
Oh and the windows are all in, including the windshield (with new seal). I just need to rewire the power windows and the interior is pretty much good (besides dash and gauges).

Money is just tight right now because I have a mortgage and every spare dollar goes towards my house. It's nice owning a pad, but damn it's a lot of work!
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:26 AM »
so dump some more monies into it!  hurry up!  I wanna see some action shots of it!  I'm sure it would look secksi in your driveway when it's all linked and finished...with windows and stuff.  I'm pumped about my Tracker's new paint...and it only cost me like 150 bucks(including the Wagner power painter and the paint).  Imagine how awesome you'll feel about it when you're done.....mmm prerunner...

oh and dude, the tracker looks SICK!! great job on the paint again!
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Offline Lindenmooch

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Respected member of society
  • Popularity: +12/-0
  • Spanner for hire....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 01:00:48 AM »
I need to sell the Tacoma, or something!

Honestly though, I want to build a Toyota... or a Chevy... I have a few top secret plans, lol

Hmm....I heard Chevy Dimes(S-10) are terrible for lifting due to their front suspension configuration....also, I <3 Taco's.....so since you already have one...why not keep it and sell the Ford if that's the direction you want to go?

Also...thanks again!  I'm gonna go stuff the tracker into some bushes or mud holes ASAP!  I imagine my new paint won't be lasting very long.  =P
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeah, I really want an extended cab or crew cab yota to build, or I'd keep it.

I've lifted a few s10's and they definitely are NOT the easiest, or best, truck to lift, but if you're going custom long travel, it doesn't really matter. it's pretty much the same for anything, you cut all the factory crap out and replace it with geometrically-correct, big-number arms and mount positions, with beefier everything.

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +11/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jon Jon the Jonny Jon Jonster
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:35 PM »
s10s are trash, no matter what you do to them.  if you want a ballin s10, lower the damn thing
Right On

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:01 PM »
haha, lowered s10's can be pretty chill.

soooo... an update on the ranger. sold it a while back for less than I would've liked. but had to, didn't have the money to finish it and didn't foresee it happening anytime soon.

the guy i sold it to immediately took it back to Jeremy and had him put new fiberglass on it, finish the rear (link it, mount and wire/plumb fuel cell, etc.) and redo the front bumper. they probably did a few other things, as well as mounting a carbon fiber dash and all the goodies inside i'm sure. here are a few pics of it at the shop.

had a nice lil run-in with a truck, jeremy, and a shop wall. haha, thank god for a quick reaction. anyways, onto some eye candy of the new setup!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:12:04 AM by chase »

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +11/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jon Jon the Jonny Jon Jonster
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
so whats this about a run in with the shop wall? lol