Author Topic: MotoX & Off-Road: Steffi Laier settles the WMX title on Saturday; does not race 2nd moto  (Read 4016 times)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
Steffi Laier settles the WMX title on Saturday; does not race 2nd moto
13 September 2010, 6:19 am

From KTM

Red Bull KTM factory rider Steffi Laier was already WMX world champion when she woke up on Sunday morning, but the headache and shoulder pain she suffered from a training crash led the team to decide she would not race the second moto.

Steffi had made a courageous ride on Saturday after the big crash in training and won the moto and the title before the women lined up for the second moto in Fermo Italy on Sunday morning. Steffi was on hand after the race to receive her award and the coveted gold number plate awarded to the champion. She has held the red plate as championship leader since the opening GP in Bulgaria.

Steffi Laier: I woke up with lots of pain in my shoulder and a bad headache from the crash yesterday so the team and I decided this morning that I should stay off the bike," she said. Steffi said she wanted to still win the championship titles in the Ladies Cup in Germany and the Dutch national Championship and if she managed to do that she would have won everything she set out to do this season.    

The GP honors in Italy went to Larissa Papenmeier of Germany and Chiara Fontanese of Italy with KTM-supported rider Livia Lancelot of France in third place and Belgian KTM rider Elien De Winter fourth across the line.

Livia Lancelot, on a KTM for the first time this season, finished the season in second place overall, trailing Steffi by 46 points at the end of the season.

WMX GP Results

1, Larissa Papenmeier, Germany, Suzuki (20-25—45)

2, Chiara Fontanese, Italy, Yamaha (22-22—44)

3, Livia Lancelot, France, KTM (18-20—38)

4, Elien De Winter, Belgium, KTM (12-18—30)

5, Francesca Nocera, Italy, Honda, (13-16—29)

Final WMX Championship Standings

1, Steffi Laier, Germany, KTM, 299 (Laier retains her World Championship title)

2, Livia Lancelot, France, KTM 273

3, Larissa Papenmeier, Germany, Suzuki, 263

4, Chiara Fontanese, Yamaha, Italy, 248

5, Maria Franke, KTM Germany, 222

Final WMX Manufacturer's Title

1, KTM, 334

2, Suzuki, 265

3, Yamaha, 259

Source: Inside MotoX and Off Road

Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE