Author Topic: MotoX & Off-Road: First moto incident stops Cairoli's chances of a home win in Fermo  (Read 4135 times)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
First moto incident stops Cairoli's chances of a home win in Fermo
13 September 2010, 6:12 am

From  KTM

Already  confirmed as the 2010 MX1 World Champion, Tony Cairoli would have enjoyed going  out on a high note for his enthusiastic Italian fans in the season's final  race. It was however not to be for the man who has dominated the MX1  competition this season on the new KTM 350 SX-F bike.

Mid way  through the first moto on Sunday on the hard, slippery and very technical Italian  track at Fermo, Cairoli got the trajectory wrong coming down from a jump and  sprained his ankle. Because he has had previous injuries to his left foot he  decided it was wise to sit out the second moto. Tony was disappointed but  philosophical about the outcome of the weekend.

Tony  Cairoli: "This was a bad day for me. There have been no bad points for the  season up till now but now with this small injury, fortunately not something  serious, I now want to concentrate on getting ready for the Nations." On  Saturday it was announced that outstanding issues with the Italian Federation  had been resolved and Cairoli was now on the team to ride for Italy in two  weeks time in the MXoN. "I was surprised," he said. "But this  year has been full of surprises for me and its one of the best seasons I ever  had."

Best MX1  Red Bull Factory rider of the day was Max Nagl who was sixth in the opening  race but was a real contender for the top spot for most of the second moto. He  had a great battle with French rider Clement Desalle for most of the race  distance with barely a second separating the two riders as they fought with  each other and with the difficulty of the slippery hard pack surface. Max had  to settle for third going through the flag, which garnered him 35 points and  fifth overall. It also meant he finished the season just four points behind  third placed David Philippaerts in the final reckoning.

Max Nagl:  "I'm a bit disappointed not to finish third in the championship but that's  how it is. four races ago David (Philippaerts) was 25 points in front of me and  I caught him up to just four points. I did all I could," he said.

The team's  third rider, Rui Goncalves of Portugal picked up 25 points for his two motos  and was eighth overall. "This is a special track and there are not too  many lines," Rui said. "The way they water it makes it tough to  overtake but I managed to get in the top 10 in both motos and to finish in the  top eight is not so bad."

MX1 GP  Results

1, Clement  Desalle, Belgium, Suzuki, 18-2543

2, Steve  Ramon, Belgium, Suzuki, 25-1843

3,  Sebastien Pourcell, France, Kawasaki, 20-2242

4, Xavier  Boog, France, Kawasaki, 22-1638

5, Max  Nagl, Germany, KTM, 15-2035

MX1 World  Championship final standings

1, Tony  Cairoli, Italy, KTM, 625

2, Clement  Desalle, Belgium, Suzuki, 537

3, David  Philippaerts, Italy, Yamaha, 502

4, Max  Nagl, Germany, KTM, 498

5, Steve  Ramon, Belgium, Suzuki, 491

Final  Manufacturer's Standings

1, KTM 692  

2, Suzuki,  625

3, Yamaha,  556

Source: Inside MotoX and Off Road

Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE