Author Topic: Custom offroad mirrors....where can I find some?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Lindenmooch

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Respected member of society
  • Popularity: +12/-0
  • Spanner for hire....
    • View Profile
Custom offroad mirrors....where can I find some?
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I recently sort of crushed one of my side view mirrors when I slightly flipped my truck over.   So I'm looking to replace the shoddy plastic Ford mirrors with some nice steel ones.   Anyone have any info for me??
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Offline Lindenmooch

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Respected member of society
  • Popularity: +12/-0
  • Spanner for hire....
    • View Profile
Re: Custom offroad mirrors....where can I find some?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
Well I was going to get some steel jeep mirror heads and some steel rods, and just bend/cut/weld my own mirrors.  But the BroncoGraveyard has em for pretty cheap, so I'm just going to replace my missing one with a new OEM for now.  I might still make some cool offroad mirrors in the future.  I might try to come up with something that I can make a ton of, and sell to you desert guys.   What should I have in mind when designing an offroad mirror? 

like uh....shock...dust...vibration....getting caught on trees/shrubs...what else?
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
Re: Custom offroad mirrors....where can I find some?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
I'd get some hot rod mirrors, or some of the cool little "off-road" mirrors. You might find them on one of the forum vendor sites or another online off-road supplier.

If you do end up making something, let's see it. Did you find any decent ones on the BroncoGraveyard or just OEM?
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE