Author Topic: Floor jack recommendations?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
Floor jack recommendations?
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
Hey guys, looking to pickup a new jack for the house soon. What do you guys recommend? I've used several jacks over the years so I have a pretty good idea of the brands/quality. Was going to pickup a craftsman jack, but I've seen/heard about them blowing seals way too quick. But.... they have warranty at sears right? Anyways, yeah just looking to hear your opinions on it.

What brand/model floor jack do you recommend? Want to be able to use it for my trucks and my low-profile cars (slammed IS and Z). So low-profile is a must. I can always throw an extension (or block) under the truck to get some more height.
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE

Offline Lindenmooch

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Respected member of society
  • Popularity: +12/-0
  • Spanner for hire....
    • View Profile
Re: Floor jack recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »
I think if you're getting a higher end one....they'll all most likely be pretty much the same.  Give or take a few bucks, most companies will likely offer the same kind of products.  I usually try to be careful not to buy TOO cheap of a tool or piece of equipment....and the same goes for spending more than you need to.   But do enough shopping around, and you should find a nice comfortable middle area where a lot of brands are competing for business.

Have you tried Summit Racing and Jegs?   They usually have decent knock off stuff for a few dollars cheaper than the big boys.  And you can get cool stickers then too!  =)
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:08:12 AM »
I lucked out and got hooked up with an old school high-end jack. It's totally bamf, and so far has proven itself to be quality. I'll post a pic or two up tomorrow just for shits and giggles.
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:08:30 AM »
Bah, now that the Ranger is gone I need to change my avatar... :(

Offline Lindenmooch

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Respected member of society
  • Popularity: +12/-0
  • Spanner for hire....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:51 AM »
lol, yes you do.  Get some pics of the taco up there.  And lets see this floor jack.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."