Author Topic: Where is this sport headed? Are flatbillers the future?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline JOR-DAN

• Flat Biller
  • Popularity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Where is this sport headed? Are flatbillers the future?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 05:27:55 AM »
I think its just great to see the "flat biller's" with their pulled bedsides and 5'' flare on their stock trucks. It really shows what different directions the off road community has gone and is going, its just an easy money market in our area, the real enthusiasts know whats up and that's what matters most.

Offline bradmt

• n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »
every sport that attracts a lot of attention fast is going to have a lot of posers.  its just the way it is.  a lot of those guys arent so bad though, some just dont have the budget to build the real thing.  some do it because their buddies do. those guys ya just gotta ignore.   i dont think this sport is gonna be disappearing for a long time.  with the original guys that started the sport still into it, it must be something worth fighting to keep alive.  i got to meet ivan stewart and you can tell he's just as stoked for baja now as he was back in the day.  so for those of you living near desert, just keep enjoying your sport cause it isnt going anywhere and every sport worth a damn is gonna have "flatbillers".  nothing wrong with that.  here in MT its hard to find enough land that isnt wooded or farmed for prerunning, but there is a hand full of us here trying our best to get it going.

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 01:22:59 PM »
lol, i didn't start this thread to really diss on the guys who cant afford to go all out or build a serious offroad truck. if they're getting down with what they've got (and what they can afford), all props to them! it's the guys that go around trying to fight, spend all their free time smoking bud, and try to rep like they're race truck drivers or experts in the offroad scene. when really, their fab experience consists of installing their lift kit and maybe slapping together a bumper. but like you said brad, every sport is gonna have posers, its just these guys make all the other posers look good! or at least law abiding, haha. i think thats the reason so many people in the offroad scene that are dedicated to the sport hate all the "bros". its not that they have anything against their style, or choice of music, etc. its the fact that they go around breaking the law, causing trouble, starting fights, etc. which all reflect VERY negatively on the real offroaders and help give the activists ammunition against the sport.

every sport that attracts a lot of attention fast is going to have a lot of posers.  its just the way it is.  a lot of those guys arent so bad though, some just dont have the budget to build the real thing.  some do it because their buddies do. those guys ya just gotta ignore.   i dont think this sport is gonna be disappearing for a long time.  with the original guys that started the sport still into it, it must be something worth fighting to keep alive.  i got to meet ivan stewart and you can tell he's just as stoked for baja now as he was back in the day.  so for those of you living near desert, just keep enjoying your sport cause it isnt going anywhere and every sport worth a damn is gonna have "flatbillers".  nothing wrong with that.  here in MT its hard to find enough land that isnt wooded or farmed for prerunning, but there is a hand full of us here trying our best to get it going.

good work on tryin to grow the sport and push it into new areas!
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE

Offline bradmt

• n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »
i hear what your sayin.  we get that up hear when we try to promote rock crawling.  the shop i work at tries to promote all the sports on 4 wheels that are off road, but the guys that have no respect for property or the law or public lands tend to make it really hard.  it sucks when the people that say they are into the same thing as you are really your biggest problem with promoting your sport.

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +11/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jon Jon the Jonny Jon Jonster
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »
i hear what your sayin.  we get that up hear when we try to promote rock crawling.  the shop i work at tries to promote all the sports on 4 wheels that are off road, but the guys that have no respect for property or the law or public lands tend to make it really hard.  it sucks when the people that say they are into the same thing as you are really your biggest problem with promoting your sport.

couldn't have said it better
Right On