Author Topic: Where is this sport headed? Are flatbillers the future?  (Read 4115 times)

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
Where is this sport headed? Are flatbillers the future?
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
What is the future of this sport? Are we heading towards a crowd that is based around more the street and looks than actually going out and using your suspension offroad? there are so many flatbillers thee days with spindal lifts and fiberglass thinking they are the king of the mountain. We have activists fighting relentlessly to close desert areas for recreational usage but very few members doing anything real to stop the threat.

Where do you think this sport will be in the next 20 years?
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +11/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jon Jon the Jonny Jon Jonster
Re: Where is this sport headed? Are flatbillers the future?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:38:31 PM »
its scary to think about it.  the mcmillin family is very active in trying to keep our deserts open, along with a few other big name race teams.  its good to know that we do have some good allies
Right On

Offline sik_kreations

• Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:16:33 AM »
What is the future of this sport? Are we heading towards a crowd that is based around more the street and looks than actually going out and using your suspension offroad? there are so many flatbillers thee days with spindal lifts and fiberglass thinking they are the king of the mountain. We have activists fighting relentlessly to close desert areas for recreational usage but very few members doing anything real to stop the threat.

Where do you think this sport will be in the next 20 years?

another bro thread. great.

let it go. there bros b4 people had gotten into the whole "prerunner" scene the past 5 years.

im a "flatbiller" "bro" and every other term u want to call it. i dont go fucking up shit for fun. the sport will come and go just like everything else. i see less and less prerunners in socal every year. it seemeed to be bigger 5 years ago then it is now. ive had my truck since 01, i couldnt afford long travel till last year. or atleast i wasnt gunna spend 10 grand like i was quoted years b4.

and dont bash people for not having long travel. some are into it, but just dont have the money for a full on custom truck. and just because they have it doesnt mean they are a bro, atleast, they arent worreid about lifting there truck stupid high just to get chicks.

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
defensive much?
Right On

Offline sik_kreations

• Internet Tuff Guy
  • Popularity: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
defensive much?

ya its pointless threads, that talk about bros, ive seen them on dr and rdc,  talking about a few that doesnt make up the majority, bro or not there are fucking dumbshits and assholes that fuck stuff  up for everyone else.i remeber in the late 90s before the term bro was around, of people who were fucking up glamis for everyone else, they werent bros. so there will always be people that just want to fuck shit up, not just "bros"

Offline chase

• Administrator
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +250/-0
  • I run this ish!
    • View Profile
    • PADE
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
this is the internet, if you think the thread is pointless, get off the comp and go wrench on your truck. lol

but yeah, i wouldn't say the bros represent the majority of real offroaders. im saying the "offroad" scene as represented to the mainstream seems to consist more of the stereotypical "bro" than any real offroaders. the real guys kinda just sit it out and laugh at them from what i've seen.
Danger Ranger: SOLD
Current stable: 95 Toyota Tacoma :: 07 Lexus IS250 :: 02 Honda Civic :: 69 Chevy C20 :: 65 AC Cobra (Ron Butler replica)

Crypto ICO: PADE   |   Other Forums: Z Forum | Web Design Forum

chaseHOSTING | chaseIDEAS | chaseDESIGN | chaseMOBILE

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »
w0rd.  it sucks that many people think all off road enthusiasts are bros though.
for the record, though, my bill is flat.
anyone wanna go frodin?
Right On

Offline Ray_Butcher

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 12:48:21 AM »
As long as Dirtalliance is in the scene - Flatbillers will be a BIG part

Offline Mr. Goodbody

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +4/-0
  • Tryin' To Catch Me Ridin' Dirty
    • View Profile
    • Goodbody Gear
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:26 PM »
 think its going to take the industry to fall before flatbillers die in my opinion. right now its what keeps things going are guys who dont know what theyre doing so they bring it to some d-bag who has no clue what hes doing and messes ish up. which in turn the "flatbiller" thinks its "SICK" and thinks that guy is the best ever and wants to be just like him so wears the hat and black clothing...... oh and tattoos are a big part too.... gotta have those to be a totally gnar bro, sure i may have tattoos but its not just skulls and flames and ish like that, its about american pride baby. there are just so many of them compared to people who just love the desert for what it is.

Offline outdoor adventures

• n00b
  • Popularity: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
just because some of us wear our hats flat doesnt mean anything. you saying that flatbillers are ruining our sport ef u guys. we made this sport.

Offline Jon Jon

• Super Mega Rad Dude
  • DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • Internet Tuff Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »
the flat billers we are referring to are the cha bra disco lifted rangers that sport SRH and KMK; if you are an off road enthusiast that just happens to wear a flat bill, thats a different story.  unfortunately, though, you will be viewed as a punk ass bitch by those who don't know any better.
Right On

Offline Kantcomp3t3

• n00b
  • Popularity: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »
King spade 4 life hommie hommie...

Offline G30maximus

• n00b
  • Popularity: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »
Where is it headed? Three cylinder sand shredin all weather all condition GEO METRO baby yea...

Offline Ray_Butcher

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »
you saying that flatbillers are ruining our sport ef u guys. we made this sport.

ROFL Ok. sorry i made a mistake. I forgot cool people like Ivan Stewart, Malcolm Smith, Ricky Johnson. I thought all those guys contributed to making the sport what it is.. Those were some of our forfathers... Not some brosif

Offline Mr. Goodbody

• DIRTEMPIRE STAFF
  • l33t
  • Popularity: +4/-0
  • Tryin' To Catch Me Ridin' Dirty
    • View Profile
    • Goodbody Gear
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »
Ya i will agree with ray. The sport was not "made" by flatbillers but more other than people who loved the sport yet turned it into more.... now we have CORR one of the fastest growing sports around.